A common misconception is that platforms are inherently secure. However, with today’s level of cyber-sophistication, the confidence of hackers, and the they pose it is important that organizations put cloud security of the highest importance.
As the popularity of the remote workforce has increased, so has the demand for and the migration to environments. These changes have driven cyber-criminals to test the boundaries of causing a surge of and increased the . With the rapid transition to a , many organizations are unaware of the threats that impact a .
Below, we break down some of the that are impacting organizations, including Mid-Market Private Equity:
1. Insufficient identify & access management: Access management is one of the most common risks impacting organizations. Without effective identify & access management policies, your organization increases the risk of hacking attempts. Poor access management is critical access point for any hacker, which can grant them visibility to critical systems data & business systems. With COVID-19, hackers have seen this as an opportunity to take advantage of organizations with poor access management protocols.
2. Malware: More often than not, – especially if they feel safe behind endpoint & firewalls. That however is not the case. Ransomware, a type of malware, is the most common type of malware attack used, and is the one teams must be aware of with multiple layers of in place to detect & respond. This type of threat is an extremely common attack vector, usually deployed via phishing emails, but many other deployment methods can be used. teams assume that malware is not a
3. Data breaches: As adoption grows, the amount of and vital intellectual property stored on the grows as well. This is due to the large amount of data flowing between employees and business systems. In addition, many companies that migrate to a often struggle to perform regular backups, because backing up large amounts of data can be costly & difficult. These systems then become easy targets for hackers looking for .
4. : API’s or Application user interfaces enables direct interaction with a . As Facebook experienced in 2018, insecure API’s can give hackers a straight path to a users or employee information. It is important that there is oversight when using API’s and avoid reusing API keys.
5. Compliance Issues: It is easy for an organization to fall into non-compliance state, which can lead to serious consequences. compliance stipulations are becoming more stringent by the day, with both governmental and private regulatory bodies bolstering data protection regulations. Ensuring that both client and CSP are striving to remain complaint is crucial.
Securing your business, your employees, and your data should be your top priority. If you have questions on or how to secure your from threats & risks, RKON’s team is here to help.