Identity Governance For Private Equity and M&A Transactions
We know there’s a lot to manage in terms of securing and governing user identities. Our expertise with M&A and private equity transactions has given us a bird’s-eye view into the issues that organizations face, including:
- Numerous regulations to navigate
- Having to manage multiple systems, applications, and devices that hold user data
- Too much dependency on manual processes for identity governance, or the opposite: too much reliance on multiple point solutions to gain visibility into governance
- Many access points to control, especially across remote workforces and hybrid IT infrastructures
Meeting Compliance & Preventing Data Breaches When Onboarding
Adding to these challenges is today’s tight labor market. Companies have to quickly onboard new employees to keep pace with business. Meanwhile, IT workers are often overburdened by having to manage ongoing IT operations amid a heightened cyber-threat landscape.
And yet the risks of an uncoordinated approach to identity governance are significant — from steep fines for non-compliance to costly data breaches. Plus, employees and customers expect that their information is protected; any violation of that trust can cause business-reputation problems.
Automated Onboarding: The Critical Component to Improved Identity Governance
On the flip side, a streamlined identity governance program can provide multiple benefits, including cost efficiencies. For example, we’ve seen evidence that an automated solution can accelerate onboarding and off boarding of employees, and reduce IT help desk tickets by orchestrating system access approvals.
In addition, an ID governance solution that incorporates machine-learning capabilities can help ensure continuous access review, which enhances security and increases the ability to meet compliance requirements.
Microsoft Entra Partnership
That’s why RKON has strategically partnered with Microsoft. We see firsthand the benefits from deploying the Microsoft Entra Identity Governance solution. It’s a cloud-based service, so it easily scales for hybrid IT environments, while providing comprehensive capabilities to protect your entire infrastructure.
You can read more about Entra here, but some of the beneficial features include:
- The ability to customize workflows for the entire employee lifecycle. This feature can be used, for example, to automate onboarding tasks, automatically update access rights if a worker changes roles, and easily remove access when an employee leaves the company.
- Automated entitlement management. Entra can automatically — based on your requirements or preferences — check that identities don’t have excess access rights. This feature can reduce the potential for fraud or security breaches.
- Automate access rights for your whole ecosystem of employees, suppliers, and business partners. This reduces the burden on IT staff, and mitigates the risks associated with manual access approvals.
- Support for provisioning governance to on-premises applications. This capability enables organizations to reduce the management complexity in mixed IT environments.
It’s likely that identity governance will become even more complicated as the business world continues to digitize processes and add devices. We can help you tackle user access and gain control with an automated management solution.
Reach out to us for more information or any questions you might have.