That’s because SASE fits right into — and meets the needs for — today’s hybrid world, which demands a highly secure IT architecture. The framework helps address:
- Security threats, which are sophisticated and complex;
- Hybrid IT environments, in which data travels in and out of public clouds, private data centers and, increasingly, edge-computing environments
- The hybrid workforce, in which workers and devices are accessing data and applications across a mix of IT architecture
However, implementing SASE is not a one-and-done project. The architecture involves network and security services, cloud access security, zero trust network architecture principles, and much more.
There’s a lot to accomplish; that’s why we recommend starting with the capabilities provided with a Security Service Edge (SSE) solution. Gartner defines SSE as the security pillar of SASE, so as you can imagine, these solutions focus for example on access control, data security, threat protection, and security monitoring — all of which are critical to ensure that data transactions are secured from end-to-end.
Our experiences with SSE has shown there are significant benefits to be gained, most especially robust security protections, risk reduction, and increased visibility into cloud and applications activity.
That’s because the right SSE solution provides robust capabilities, including:
- Powerful integration across all cloud services and applications. SSE provides deep visibility into all network traffic, which is especially critical for organizations with remote workers. The key is deploying a solution that packages together capabilities such as access control and threat/data protection with granular control and easy management.
- Enhanced cloud security. As many applications and services move to the cloud, it’s important that your SSE solution provides strong policy enforcement, dynamic detection of application instances, and granular security context across apps, users, and data.
- Embedded zero trust practices and capabilities. Zero trust has become a de facto standard to secure identities and access. Especially if your organization is moving toward multi- and hybrid-cloud architectures, you need continuous adaptive controls that apply zero trust principles. The right SSE solution will effectively reduce your attack surface as your business scales and expands its IT infrastructure.
- Cloud data protection. By now you’re likely familiar with the shared responsibility model, in which hyperscalers take the burden of securing cloud infrastructure and customers take responsibility for the data they store in the cloud, as well as identity and access management and application logic/code. Using automation and artificial intelligence/machine learning technologies, an SSE solution can help you address cloud security more quickly and accurately.
All of these capabilities and more can be obtained with the Netskope Intelligent Security Service Edge solution, which is why RKON has strategically partnered with them. Their SSE solution has been recognized as a leader in the 2023 Gartner Magic Quadrant. Netskope is recognized as highest in ability to execute and strongest in completeness of vision.
We think you should be investing in SSE, and along with Netskope, we are ready to help you get started. Reach out to us for more information or any questions you might have.