Tier I Support Engineer
RKON is a leader in managed cloud solutions that empower enterprises with high performance and reliable, scalable, and secure designs. Clients turn to RKON to deliver best-in-class technology-enabled solutions to solve their toughest challenges including, but not limited to, Hosted Virtual Desktops, Disaster Recovery, Managed Security, and Managed Virtualization. Our passion for early adoption, innovation, and high quality design and implementation has served as the cornerstone of our culture since the founding of RKON in 1998.
- Provide excellent customer services and vendor management
- Create and maintain customer and network documentation
- Take incoming support calls and open internal or external tickets
- Proactively manage network telemetry notifications and trouble ticket resolutions.
- Manage and assign tickets in accordance with other NOC engineers
- Escalate trouble incidents/cases as appropriate
- Assist with proactive performance reports for customers (internal and external)
- Evaluate effectiveness of current processes and propose alternatives when necessary
- Possess excellent written and documentation skills
- Ability to be punctual and maintain a varied schedule from week to week
- After hours on call rotation for basic tickets and trouble routing/escalation toward resolution of higher level issues
- Identify, document and establish processes and responsibilities necessary to execute on these responsibilities including associated systems to support those activities.
- Must be a proficient multitasker
In addition to providing a fast paced, stimulating, and enjoyable work environment, RKON offers its employees an opportunity to expand their skills and advance their careers. RKON offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, casual dress attire in the office, flexible work options, and a real team environment. At present, we are seeking qualified engineers to join the RKON team.
Location: Chicago, Ill. (downtown)
Position Type: Full-time, exempt
To be considered:
Email us your résumé.
Include cover letter and salary history/requirements.