Vulnerability Assessment / Penetration Test
A security breach in a company’s network can cost the company a great deal of time, money, lost data, data corruption beyond recovery, and even potential liability from exposing customer identity information. Taking preventative steps reduces risk.
RKON can provide a complete vulnerability assessment of your external or internal environment taking into consideration your acceptable level of risk. RKON carefully validates each of the issues discovered in the test to rule out false positives.
RKON’s penetration test goes one step further. After discovering any vulnerabilities, we attempt to actively exploit them to see if it is possible to breach the organization’s perimeter security and actually get into the internal network.
Areas of Examination
RKON uses several tools as part of our detailed assessment of your network:
- Vulnerability Assessment: Scan your environment for over 55,000 known vulnerabilities and exploits.
- Continued Protection: Implement one-time, quarterly, or monthly assessments based around your needs.
- Public Presence: Examine publically available information, such as DNS, WHOIS, and email harvesting attacks to identify potential information leakage.
- Industry Best Practice: Assess and determine if the in-scope environment adheres to industry best practice.
After completing the assessment, RKON provides a detailed analysis; this is not simply an auto-generated report. RKON will provide you with:
- Executive Summary: A high-level summary report detailing the most critical areas for improvement for delivery to management.
- Detailed Vulnerability Report: A detailed, in-depth report documenting the issues discovered. Along with the report are action-orientated remediation steps to resolve the discovered issues with risk severity levels to help clients identify mission critical from less critical.
- Knowledge Transfer: On-site delivery of the reports and a collaborative Q&A session with your team.
With RKON, you have an experienced team evaluating your network who will carefully walk you through the results of the testing process to help you understand and prioritize any issues. Also, you are outsourcing your risk and compliance management to a trusted third party with years of experience managing large, enterprise networks. You benefit from:
- Third party separation of duties.
- Integration into your existing vulnerability management solutions.
- Human intelligence to the report findings.
- Validation of current security mechanisms, policies, and incident response procedures.