In today’s highly regulatory environment it is essential that you have a clear understanding of risk across the enterprise. A risk management framework can bring visibility to key business and compliance risks and enable a company to make decisions on where to prioritize its limited resources. It is through a risk management framework that real value to the business can be achieved. With all of these challenges, how do you make this happen?
On Thursday, June 21, RKON is one of the sponsors of CampIT’s Enterprise Risk Security Management Seminar taking place in Rosemont, IL. In this one day conference, attendees will be provided with examples of approaches to managing information and compliance risk through a risk management framework.
Interested in attending? Contact RKON today to waive the conference fee and attend with one of our comp passes.
Microsoft fights Flame with patch (are you covered?)
‘Flame’ Malware Prompts Microsoft Patch
Med3000′s Nick Miller describes how RKON helped solve virtual desktop performance problems related to storage using WHIPTAIL.
On Wednesday, June 20, at 1:00 CT Riverbed is hosting a free webinar on how to improve performance beyond file sharing and email. You will learn how to:
- Optimize the delivery of video over your WAN
- Accelerate the migration of virtual resources between private or public clouds
- Employ Granite, Riverbed’s groundbreaking Edge Virtual Server Infrastructure technology
- Leverage a Steelhead deployment to accelerate SaaS applications, such as Office 365, Salesforce.com, and Google Apps
Register now for this live webinar.
The recent NATO summit in Chicago brought to mind two key technology questions;
- Are you prepared to recover in the event of a disaster and how quickly can your business be up and running?
- How much productivity is lost if your employees cannot get into your office?
Recovery in the event of a disaster
The NATO summit went off with only a few minor disturbances. Congratulations to the City of Chicago, the Chicago police department and the police from various other departments who came in to support the CPD. Congrats should also be given to the protestors who for the most part, behaved in a civilized fashion.
Chicago businesses avoided the damage that a riot might have caused. If your place of business were to find itself in such a scenario, do you have a plan to mitigate the damage? Is your data stored off site? If the power or Internet access you rely on were suddenly interrupted, are you prepared?
More productive working remotely
The Loop yesterday was a ghost town as regular business commuters stayed home. Today on the train, I overheard two lawyers and two insurance agents talking about their 5 day vacation.
If the law firms and insurance agencies had a virtual environment prepared, these employees could have worked from home saving their businesses from the unexpected time off. Meanwhile, competitors who have a working virtual environment (we have helped several law firms and insurance agencies launch virtual networks) enjoyed a real competitive advantage because their employees continued working remotely.
Sure, NATO summits don’t happen very often. Chicago won’t have another any time soon. However, there are other circumstances that can prevent employees from accessing your physical location such as severe weather (snow, tornado, hurricanes depending upon where you are) or unexpected news events that might result in protesting, rioting or even celebration (local sports team victories come to mind). Such events can interfere with your standard operation limiting access and therefore productivity.
The benefits of having a DR plan and a virtualized environment go beyond such extreme examples as I have suggested. But when something like the NATO summit happens in your neighborhood as it just did in mine, it brings such scenarios front and center.
Are you prepared? If your employees could continue working through an interruption of normal workday flow, what would that mean? Would it give you a leg up on the competition?
On Monday, September 10, RKON will be one of the sponsors at Career Education Scholarship Fund (CESF) Charity Golf Tournament at Twin Orchard Country Club in Long Grove. RKON is looking forward to supporting Career Education’s scholarship fund, which is dedicated to providing need and merit based scholarships to deserving students. CESF has awarded more than $6.5 million in scholarships to more than 6,000 deserving students. Click here to learn more.
Video of RKON’s own Cameron Christo discussing Citrix’s acquisition of Kavisa, Citrix Xen Desktop and Xen App with Citrix during Summit 2011. See the interview on the Citrix website
Enhance the productivity of your employees with access anytime, anywhere with DaaS.
Join us for a technical, interactive session on Tuesday, May 22 at the RKON Performance Lab. We roll up our sleeves and dig into the process, step-by-step, of how to protect your applications. Attacks against web applications are increasing in sophistication, and automation makes them increasingly common. Together with Riverbed, we will demonstrate how attacks are exploiting vulnerable networks and how you can protect against known and unknown attacks at the application layer. See the tools that can help you to:
- Increase application performance, resilience and scalability.
- Maintain complete dynamic control of all aspects of your application on a global basis.
- Secure your applications from malicious attacks.
- Create rules for solving day-to-day business objectives.
- Globally load balance your services for better performance and application resilience.
Tuesday, May 22 | 9am – 12pm (Breakfast and Lunch Included)
RKON Performance Lab | 328 S. Jefferson, Ste. 450, Chicago IL 60661
Stingray Traffic Manger
- Virtual Appliance Overview
- Architecture Types
- Installation in Xen
- Basic Load Balancing Setup
- Rate Shaping
- Bandwidth assignment and prioritization of traffic
- Global Load Balancing capabilities
- Activity monitoring and metrics
- Real time analytics capabilities
Stingray Application Firewall Module
- Configuration of a baseline web app firewall policy
- Demo of detection vs blocking mode
- Go over logging and reporting
- Custom web app firewall rule writing
Stingray Aptimize for IIS
- Control and tweak the Aptimizer settings to increase performance
- See the Site Analyzer tool in action