Are you looking for a cutting edge technology position with a leading Chicago IT organization? Are you looking for a position that encourages you to continue your professional growth with real world hands on exposure to a wide variety of today’s virtualization and cloud computing technologies and platforms? We are seeking to add an experienced Citrix Administrator to our Managed Services team. Candidates should thrive in an open, fast-paced environment with a range of learning opportunities. This position will report to our Chicago office and service clients generally in the Chicagoland area.
We are a full service networking consultant team headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. We also maintain top-tier partnerships with industry leading hardware and software companies such as Cisco, Juniper, Check Point, Citrix, Riverbed, NetApp, F5, and Microsoft.
The Citrix Administrator will ensure the stability, integrity, and performance of Citrix-based services, including XenApp, XenServer, XenDesktop, Provisioning Server and Citrix EdgeSight. This role requires ability to maintain, support, troubleshoot, and optimize of all Citrix solutions. As a member of a team that provides 24 x 7 x 365 operational support for an enterprise application delivery solution, individual must be willing and capable of performing hands on Citrix management activities. Success in this role demands great customer service skills, strong technical knowledge and excellent organizational skills.
• Participates in the fulfillment of customer service requests as demand requires.
• Collaboration with the team in identifying new technology initiatives, standards & major changes or upgrades to production environments.
• Accurately maintains all documentation as it relates to configuration, processes, service records, asset inventories, topologies, administration manuals, job instructions, support contacts etc.
• Regularly audits and reports on relevant hardware & software sunset dates (EoL, EoS, etc.).
• Participates in assuring operational readiness of new technology releases into production.
• Maintains efficient deployment processes & techniques for continued roll outs of standardized Citrix hardware & configuration deployments which assure compliance with approved configuration standards.
• May perform technical design for major changes to existing Citrix environments.
• Conducts routine scheduled Citrix maintenance & upgrades.
• Ensures management is aware of all known and identified risks to system availability, performance, reliability and security.
• 2 or more years of proven and progressive Citrix enterprise services infrastructure support and implementation experience.
• Solid experience in XenApp, XenServer, XenDesktop, Provisioning Server and Citrix EdgeSight.
• Capable of working effectively with minimal direct supervision.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Previous experience in enterprise class organizations is strongly preferred.
• Solid, active hands on experience with Citrix technologies.
• Solid experience with Microsoft technologies (Active Directory, Terminal Services, Server OS, etc).
• Administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of printing in Citrix environments.
• Strong background with Group Policy management and PowerShell scripting.
• Solid understanding of SAN storage (NetApp) configuration.
• Familiarity with NetScaler functionality and configuration.
• Exposure to a broad cross‐section of IT technologies and disciplines including networking, architecture and server virtualization.
• Solid theoretical knowledge and hands on experience configuring, troubleshooting, optimizing and managing most of the following software technologies:
• Citrix XenApp/Presentation Server; XenDesktop, XenServer; Provisioning Server; EdgeSight
Education & Certification
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, computer information systems, or computer engineering preferred.
One or more of the following certifications is desired:
• CCA for Citrix Provisioning Server
• CCA for Citrix XenApp